Cummins Diesel Powered Stage 3 Restoration, back from the dead![stm_color_separator color=”#cc6119″]
This 1971 FJ40 was degraded almost to the state of being a “parts cruiser”, It was completely rusted out and had been modified several times by previous owners, the result of which was, well, not good. Luckily, the owner loved it dearly, and that, along with lots blood, sweat, and tears by our technicians resulted in this absolute beauty of an FJ40. It’s a little different than our typical FJ40 restorations but the result is a gorgeous, uber-drivable custom FJ40. It just what the owner wanted…and we love it too!
- Cummins R2.8 Turbo Diesel
- H55F 5 spd transmission
- Heavy duty cooling system with intercooler
- OEM front disc brake conversion
- Rear disc brakes with parking brake provisions
- Dakota Digital gauges
- Vintage Gen IV AC
- Later FJ40 bucket seats and jump seats upholstered in our popular vinyl / mordura
- PRLC front shackle reversal
- 2.5” OME lift with Bilstein 5125s
- 3.5” wheel base extension
- Later FJ40 top with ambulance doors and the correct body modifications to suite
- Later FJ40 roll bar with Rigid lighting
- Vortex commercial spray liner, body color inside, and contrasting grey underneath
- Custom color matte grey paint with retro stripes
- Darker grey powder coated accents throughout.
- Retro Audio stereo system with our custom speaker enclosures.